The Best Features To Look For In Assisted Living For Your Family
If you or your loved one is in need of help with every day living, you may need to think about what exactly you need. There are lots of different types of settings for senior citizens to live- ranging from gated communities to assisted living. If you’re in need of specialized care due to memory loss, there are certain things you need to look for. Assisted living centers may help with daily tasks of living, but if they’re not specifically catered to memory loss issues, it won’t be the best fit for your needs. It goes without saying that you’ll need nothing but the best since you’ll be living, eating, socializing, and being cared for all in one facility. Here are some things that top-of-the-line memory care centers offer their residents.
1. Help with Daily Tasks of Living-
- Mealtime assistance and preparation with three nutritious meals daily.
- Personal assistance with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, or anything else one might need.
- Chefs who make special diet accommodations in food choices.
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry services.
- Assistance with transportation.
2. Medical Attention and Care-
- Incontinence Care
- Help with medication schedules
- Short-Term Respite Stays
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Help with specific health problems
- Activity areas for social interaction
- Activities specifically for Alzheimer’s/Dementia residents
- Group outings and scenic rides
- Full-service barber & beauty salon
- Daily exercise programs
- Religious services offered
- Extended basic cable TV and high-speed internet
- Live entertainment
4. Beautiful Environment-
- Wireless Emergency Response System
- Spacious private bedrooms and bathrooms
- Secured community that allows for safe wandering
- Private dining accommodations
5. Friendly, Helpful Staff-
- Registered nurse on staff
- 24 hour staffing and security
- Staff members who accommodate entertainment requests
- Completely customized care for each individual resident
- Staff members who love what they do and always have a smile
The difference between memory care centers and assisted living centers is considerable when you’re looking for a living arrangement that will fit your situation. Memory care centers make sure that their residents are in a safe, comforting environment without making them feel constricted. Do your research online of the memory care centers in your area and write down any questions you have before touring the facility. That way, you won’t forget to ask and you’ll get a very thorough sense of each center and what they’re all about.
Remember to look for these when you’re touring potential memory care centers for yourself or loved one. Expect the best in memory care and assisted living, because quality care is certainly out there!